Automatic action: speak article to file

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

rutgerb

Automatic action: speak article to file

Post by rutgerb »

I use Textaloud for more than 1,5 years now, for my home automation system (=Homeseer).
Scripts generate some text/sentences and paste it into the clipboard.
Textaloud pickup the clipboard tekst and speak the ''article".
Untill today I used analog and usb speakers in house to distribute the speak commands to the right location. No problems so far, it works like a charm, even without any delay, oke 1 second. :D

Now I'm building a new audio system with Airplay (for Apple devices).
Because my Acapela voice isn't a Windows system voice, for instance like Anna does, I can only send wav files to the appropriate Airplay speakers.
In this case the Textaloud article must be saved automatically into a wav-file.

There is a button on the top wicho can save the text to a file (standard SHIFT+F3), without any popup or confirmation, and it works perfect, manually.
I would like that this had to be done automattically without a human touch.
I added a automatic action: that brings the Textalaloud screen to the foreground when there is text to import, that works moest of the time, but sometimes the screen is not always on top, strange but no other software is intervent at that moment. The Textaloud screen is also visible.

In Homeseer (also tested with other software) I send a keypress command SHIFT+F3 (also tested with other hotkey) to save the article to a file, but that is not working always fine.I tried also some ''Always on top'' tools, but no 100% success sofar.

The api or commandline is too expresive ($250) for this purpose (according the costs of the rest of Textaloud and voice software), but a single commandline should be enough for my problem. Are there some possibilities here or could you add a automatic action for this ''save article to file'' problem in the future?