TextAloudMP3.exe: Missing DLLs

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

julianvb

TextAloudMP3.exe: Missing DLLs

Post by julianvb »

2014-12-07

After I downloaded TextAloud into my Linux Mint 17 computer last night, I ran winecfg and winetricks. I subsequently entered the following command to learn to use wine and immediately saw missing-dll errors on the screen. As I am having a very strange cut-and-paste bug with my computer, I can't post the original screen message without flooding my post with tons of garbage. Listed below are the names of the missing dlls, which I haven't been able to find in my Windows XP computer.

$wine TextAloudMP3.exe

bass.dll, basmix.dll, bassenc.dll, basswma.dll, tamousehook.dll

Julian Loui
Jim Bretti

Re: TextAloudMP3.exe: Missing DLLs

Post by Jim Bretti »

I can't really help much with the Wine questions, but the dll's you mention are part of the TextAloud install. In a normal install, these dll's are located in the same folder as TextAloudMP3.exe
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
julianvb

Post by julianvb »

The old DLL problem has just gone away after I found the DLLs in a directory in Linux Mint 17.

But, if I try to run 'wine TextAloudMP3.exe' from my home directory or from where the DLLs are located, I see new errors. I am showing one error message below and hope some TextAloud users can glean meaningful information from it. I wish I could attach the other longer error messages here.

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x10ddc68,0x00000000), stub!
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 1472 bytes in thread 0044 eip 7bc4050f esp 00230d70 stack 0x230000-0x231000-0x330000

Many thanks again.

Julian Loui
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

I tried this myself, I was seeing exactly the same error. TextAloud was also displaying a GDI+ exception, so on a guess, I installed the gdiplus package using winetricks:

$winetricks gdiplus

That solved it for me, I'm able to use Wine to run TextAloud now.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Fred32

Post by Fred32 »

Hi. The easiest way to solve this problem its download missed .dll library file from http://fix4dll.com/msvcr120_dll I had the same problem and solved it in such way. Sure, you'll make it, this is quite easy. Good luck.