Windows 10 compatibility

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Quantum

Windows 10 compatibility

Post by Quantum »

Hi, TA3 works well on my Windows 8.1 64 bit laptop. As Microsoft is now offering a free upgrade to Windows 10, I am wondering whether there might be any problems running TA3. I would hate to lose the text to speech !!
Would appreciate any advice.
DaveH
Quantum aka DaveH
Jim Bretti

Re: Windows 10 compatibility

Post by Jim Bretti »

TextAloud 3 works on Windows 10. If you run into any problems with the upgrade let us know.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Quantum

Re: Windows 10 compatibility - toolbar for new edge browser?

Post by Quantum »

TA works perfectly with Windows 10 ... thanks.
I noticed that the new Microsoft Edge Browser will open PDF files. I wonder if a reading toolbar would be possible, making PDF more accessible to TA?
Quantum aka DaveH
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

In case you haven't seen it, there is a post at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6749 regarding toolbars for Internet Explorer and Edge.

We'll definitely take a look at the pdf part you mentioned when get around to doing a toolbar for Edge.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
pblais

Post by pblais »

When you install Win 10 or any of the "fast" track full versions you'll find it "disconnects" Acapela Voices. They are still there. If you reinstall one voice and choose Repair it will repair all of then (if you have more than one). So far Win 10 works in all respects I've tried.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

We've been seeing this problem quite a bit lately with all the upgrades to Windows 10. I did not realize it only takes one Acapela voice install to repair all Acapela voices though. Thanks for passing that along, that is very helpful to know.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Quantum

Re: Windows 10 compatibility - toolbar for new edge browser?

Post by Quantum »

Quantum wrote:I noticed that the new Microsoft Edge Browser will open PDF files. I wonder if a reading toolbar would be possible, making PDF more accessible to TA?
I just noticed that the TA reading toolbar for Mozilla Firefox (my preferred browser) already works for PDF files.
It is only necessary to activate Adobe Acrobat in the add-ons menu.But make sure that under 'Applications' the PDF option is set to 'preview in Firefox'. It then works brilliantly! :D
Quantum aka DaveH
PHenry1026

Post by PHenry1026 »

See the following Post for a possible update issue for AT&T UK English Voices
refiola

Post by refiola »

pblais wrote:When you install Win 10 or any of the "fast" track full versions you'll find it "disconnects" Acapela Voices. They are still there. If you reinstall one voice and choose Repair it will repair all of then (if you have more than one). So far Win 10 works in all respects I've tried.
How do you reinstall a voice? When I purchased them they went on automatically. Thanks
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

If you're having problems with a voice, like the Acapela problem we're seeing on upgrades to Windows 10, you reinstall a voice by re-running the installer program you download after purchasing the voice.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com