how to use Next Up Talker

NextUp Talker is a Text To Speech application specifically designed for people who have temporarily or permanently lost their voice. With natural, human sounding voices and convenient shortcuts to quickly enter commonly used sentences and phrases, NextUp Talker allows you to easily communicate with others despite vocal impairments.

Moderators: D.Leikin, kdwhite, Jim Bretti

ednashirley

how to use Next Up Talker

Post by ednashirley »

Hi,
I need to know the advantages of using Next Up Talker. Because my grandfather is unable to speak due to some thyroid problem. Please give me a brief explanation about it and how to use it .

Thank you :)
joeswinn

Re: how to use Next Up Talker

Post by joeswinn »

It is Specifically designed for use in conversation and its benefits are,
More pleasant conversations using latest generation, high-quality, Natural sounding voices.
Easy use with either mouse or keyboard.
Smooth conversation flow with less delays due to typing by using predefined, often used phrases and user created abbreviations.
Adapts to your style and speed with options to speak each word as typed, each sentence, each paragraph, or on demand.
Ability to insert actual sound files along with speech.
Onlyzen

Re: how to use Next Up Talker

Post by Onlyzen »

ednashirley wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:09 am Hi,
I need to know the advantages of using Next Up Talker. Because my grandfather is unable to speak due to some thyroid problem. Please give me a brief explanation about it and how to use it .

Thank you :)
It's easy to use this text-to-speech program, but unlike others in the category you can't save audio files. NextUp Talker's simple layout makes navigation easy from the get go. To hear your messages uttered aloud, just type in the upper pane and hit Speak Input.

You also can set the program to speak after a word, sentence, or carriage return. A Pronunciation Editor creates shortcuts so you can type "thx" and "thanks" will be spoken, and you can add your frequent phrases to those included with the program.