Vocabulary Training

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

mediaset23

Vocabulary Training

Post by mediaset23 »

Hi there

I've got a table containing Italian-English vocabularies in Microsoft Word. Is there a way to copy those vocabularies into TextAloud and read the Italian column in an Italian voice and the English column in an English voice?

Any help appreciated. Greetings from Italy!
Jim Bretti

Re: Vocabulary Training

Post by Jim Bretti »

You should be able to get this to work. To get started, copy your text into a TextAloud article. Then position your cursor at a spot where you would like to change voices, and from the TextAloud menu, click Insert Tags -> Voice Change. The Voice Change menu entry has a submenu of the voices available to TextAloud, just select the voice you would like to use. You would insert a voice change tag at each new line and between the two columns.

The voice changes could also be automated if you use some special string of characters, such as a one or more tab characters, to separate the two columns. The regular expression support in Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance could be used to insert voice change tags at the start of each line and at each column separator. If you need help with this, please send me a TextAloud article containing a sample of your two columns, along with the voice change tags you'd like to use for each column. Use File -> Save Article As Text File, attach the file to an email and send to me at jim@nextup.com.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com