LOADTTS_ENG ERROR!! when using Neospeeck Voice

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Slartibartfast

LOADTTS_ENG ERROR!! when using Neospeeck Voice

Post by Slartibartfast »

I just got a new Surface Pro 4 today and have been installing all my much loved software on it, including TextAloud. While the program generally works as it should I am unable to use my preferred voice (Paul by NeoSpeech). Once TextAloud tries to vocalize something using Paul's voice I get a "VTENGSAPI50" error with the text "LOADTTS_ENG ERROR!!":

After clicking "OK" I then get a windows error dialogue telling me "The application has encountered a problem. We are sorry fort the inconvenience."

After doing a little Googeling I came across this article: https://zoomtext.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... ynthesizer

Which recognizes an instillation conflict with NeoSpeech and another program called "ZoomText". Unfortunately I don't have ZoomText installed myself but was hoping someone else may be able to suggest what the problem might be.

I have also noted there is a program in the "lib" folder of Paul's voice itself called "TTSApp.exe" which lets you experiment about with different voices and sample text. I've noted this little sample program sufferes the same "VTENGSAPI50" as TextAloud whenever Paul's voice is used, so I don't think it's a TextAloud issue itself.

In the mean time I am using the Chrome plugin "SpeakIt" which has the same voice and works great for reading webpages but I would obviously like to be able to use "Paul"s voice outside of Chrome. Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks,
Slarti.