TextAloud Suddenly Launching on Its Own

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

BubberNe

TextAloud Suddenly Launching on Its Own

Post by BubberNe »

Hello,

[Sorry, this was also posted on the TA2 forum in error. I am using TA3].

I have used (and loved) TextAloud for more than 5 years. Suddenly, on an existing computer that has had no changes (that I know of) made to it, TextAloud is launching itself anytime I open an Internet Explorer browser. I do have the plug-ins on the browser, Outlook, Word, etc, but there is nothing new there. I did recently install the latest version (TA3099.exe) but I'm not sure if it's just coincidental.

And it keeps trying to do this repeatedly .... TextAloud will keep trying to start over and over, I keep getting the typical pop-up that says "TextAloud is busy with another request" (or whatever the wording).

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, scrubbing the computer for viruses, and everything else I can think of.

Thanks in advance.
Jim Bretti

Re: TextAloud Suddenly Launching on Its Own

Post by Jim Bretti »

In the TextAloud toolbar for Internet Explorer, there is an option to speak pages automatically, as they are loaded. It sounds like you may have turned this option on. To check it / turn it off, click the TextAloud button on the far left of the toolbar to display the dropdown menu. Check to see if the option "Speak Pages Automatically" is checked, and if it is, uncheck it. Hopefully this should fix the problem.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
BubberNe

Re: TextAloud Suddenly Launching on Its Own

Post by BubberNe »

Right you are, Jim. And such a simple fix! Thanks very much.