direct audio transfer to headphones blocked although correctly functioning files are produced

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

werceiro

direct audio transfer to headphones blocked although correctly functioning files are produced

Post by werceiro »

Hello,

I observe the following error in my 3.0.101:

Any text copied into Textaloud can be "voiced" to a MP3-file. But I cannot get the voiced text directly to my headphones. I didn't find any possibility how to take influence on the audio output from Textaloud. The Ivona voices I use are reflected in the MP3 files. My audio system works optimally whichever audio file I replay.
What can I do?

Jim Bretti

Re: direct audio transfer to headphones blocked although correctly functioning files are produced

Post by Jim Bretti »

It sounds like you're saying that you can create audio files from TextAloud, but you're having trouble when you send audio to your headphones, instead of audio files?

If that is the problem, the first thing to check would be the default audio device TextAloud is using. Go to the TextAloud main window and click Tools -> Advanced Options -> Audio Device Selection. If multiple audio devices are displayed see if you're able to select one that gets your headphones working.

If you can't get your headphones to work, check and see if you're able to send audio to your speakers from TextAloud. There is a FAQ post on troubleshooting audio problems at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6077 that may help.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
werceiro

Re: direct audio transfer to headphones blocked although correctly functioning files are produced

Post by werceiro »

Thank you very much for your rapid reply.

Wonderful! The sound is coming over as expected.
Let me add a small correction. The way to "Audio Device Selection" goes directly from "Tools", at least in my 3.0.101-version.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Thanks for pointing out the menu discrepancy. I didn't think of this in my reply, but the menu nesting is slightly different if you have screen reader compatibility enabled in TextAloud. If you have screen reader compatibility turned on, you access Audio Device Selection directly from the Tools menu.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com