Can't install Textaloud 3

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

ameneses54

Can't install Textaloud 3

Post by ameneses54 »

I've tried once and again but I can't install Textaloud 3, I get to the last part window that says:
installing
Please wait while Setup installs TextAloud3 on your computer.
Finishing installation.

It just locks here and I can't install. I've tried multiple times to install and uninstall, please advise.
Jim Bretti

Re: Can't install Textaloud 3

Post by Jim Bretti »

I replied to your email, but here it is again just in case ... Basically we don't know what could be causing the problem so we'll need to try some things. Here are instructions:

First, delete the installer you're running, and download again. Use the installer at http://nextup.com/files/ta3.exe. Before running the installer exit as many applications on your machine as you can.

If you still see the problem, try disabling your anti-virus / anti-spyware software temporarily. This would be very unusual, but it is possible that your anti-virus software may be involved somehow.

If you see the hang after downloading the installer again with your anti-virus software disabled, try running the installer with logging turned on, and send me the log file. Please follow these instructions.

1, Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to to your TextAloud installer. The installer you downloaded above will be named TA30106.exe, so locate that file in Windows Explorer.
2. With no files selected in the explorer window, hold the shift key and right click
3. In the popup window displayed, click "Open command window here"
4. In the command window that opens, type this:

TA30106.exe /log

5. Wait for the install to hang, and do whatever you are currently doing to kill the installer.
6. In Windows Explorer clear the address bar, and enter this:

%temp%

7. Press the return key, it should take you to your Windows temp folder.
8. In the temp folder, locate a file starting with the text "Setup Log" with today's date.

Please attach the setup log to a reply and send it to me. The log should give me a better idea of where the installer is locking up.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com