Toolbar Buttons

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

malcolmd

Toolbar Buttons

Post by malcolmd »

Selecting [Extra Large Buttons] from the [View] [Main Toolbar Options] menu, results in captions being hidden or partially visible behind the button image.
Jim Bretti

Re: Toolbar Buttons

Post by Jim Bretti »

I'm not seeing this problem on test systems here, I've tried different display resolutions. It could be something specific to your display that we're not handling. Try this ... from the TextAloud menu click Help -> About. If you're not running beta 26, download and install using the installer at http://nextup.com/files/ta4.exe.

After updating, set the extra large buttons option, and duplicate the captions problem. Then from the Help menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem. Just reference this issue in the problem report text
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

I found something that may explain this problem.

Are you trying to change the button size while a theme is selected (View -> Themes) ? If I try to do that here, I see a problem very similar to what you're describing. If that happens to be the problem, try setting the extra large button size, then exit and restart TextAloud. Do the captions display correctly following the restart?

If that is the problem it should be fixed in the next update.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
malcolmd

Post by malcolmd »

Yes, that looks fixed. I'm currently running beta 28.