Spell Check issue

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

m3ta

Spell Check issue

Post by m3ta »

For some reason spellcheck is only working for the Microsoft voices, when using the acapela voice I bought it does not register the words as misspelled.
I use a US keyboard, and the voice is an UK voice (I like it better for reading) - how can I fix this?

Also the automatically correct spelling errors as you type is not working even on the Microsoft voices.
Jim Bretti

Re: Spell Check issue

Post by Jim Bretti »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I should have an update for this issue by the end of the week, I'll post here when it is ready to download.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
m3ta

Post by m3ta »

Thank you very much!
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

There is an update available that should help with this problem. The update is version 4.0.13.3, which you can download from https://nextup.com/files/ta4.exe.

This update should fix the problem that prevents the default English spell check dictionary from working with your UK English voice.

Also, when you right click a misspelled work, the popup menu now includes an auto-correct submenu to make it easier to add auto corrections. This was available previously only from Control Center -> Perform Spell Check.

If auto corrections are not working at all, be sure the auto correct option is selected in spell check options. From the TextAloud menu click Control Center -> Configure Spell Check. Be sure the second option from the top, "Automatically correct spelling errors as you type", is selected.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
m3ta

Post by m3ta »

Thank you so much for the fix! Also I was not using the auto correct, correctly - now it's working thank you!