TextAloud 4.0.16 Firefox

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Janek

TextAloud 4.0.16 Firefox

Post by Janek »

Hello,
TextAloud 4.0.16 does not work with the latest Firefox 61 candidate update.

Janek
Jim Bretti

Re: TextAloud 4.0.16 Firefox

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Janek

I have the extension running here in both Firefox 61 and 62 beta, not sure what the problem could be. Is the extension not showing up at all? Or is the extension available and you're seeing errors?

Depending on the problem it may help if you exit Firefox and reinstall TextAloud. If that doesn't help, please send a TextAloud problem report. From the TextAloud menu click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem, and just mention this issue in the problem report text.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Janek

Post by Janek »

Hello,
The extension was disabled and showing as unsupported. The same with Firefox 62.0b3. Firefox 61.0 built3 from June 21 works OK and shows as supported. Reinstalling 4.0.16 did not help. I reverted to FF 61.0 built3 from June 21.
Janek
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

I think I found the problem. There is an update coming in Firefox 62 that requires an update to the way our extension installs. I did not see the problem on my development system, but I did see it when I installed Firefox 62 beta 3 on a test system.

The installer for TextAloud 4.0.17 has been updated and should fix the problem. When you restart Firefox after updating TextAloud, it is possible the extension may not appear. If that happens, exit and restart Firefox, or go to the Firefox Add-ons page and Disable / Re-enable the extension.

Let me know if the update does not solve the problem.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Janek

Post by Janek »

Hello Jim,
Yes, the problem is fixed in TA4017. Thank y6ou.
Janek