Secondary higlighting and masking for MW

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Fortunato

Secondary higlighting and masking for MW

Post by Fortunato »

This is my most wanted need right now since I struggle finding my mistakes in word. Currently, I am using a yellow background in textaloud 4, and double space the text. What I want to see is, this change in word since it would do the same function as Text Aloud 4 does it well. I just wish I could see and magnify the text which word currently does. I have the Text Aloud plugin in Microsoft word, put the options I selected for secondary highlighting and its color, are not reflected when I hit word. Also, it could be worth it with those also who like the option on masking which is pretty close. There are some options in word such as yellow background and more. Double spacing, and using the option of dyslexie font is appealing. So I think if enabled in word it would be great for users. The appeal is massive since I sense other users would feel this way too.

I will add this link for those interested in formatting their text.

http://www.callscotland.org.uk/common-a ... teracy.pdf
Jim Bretti

Re: Secondary higlighting and masking for MW

Post by Jim Bretti »

Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to add secondary highlighting and masking to a future version of the word add-in.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Fortunato

Post by Fortunato »

Thanks very much for giving me a reply to my post and answer. I appreciated your response. I have dyslexia, and this software has been helpful in spotting mistakes. Even when compared to more expensive assistive software it competes and does better. Thank you, from a customer.
Fortunato

Post by Fortunato »

Sorry for the double post.

I do have a suggestion or idea for the software. It would be nice to have the program the read sentences and words backward inside the paragraph. Word by word, sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph. It helps improve the mental focus of the reader to see if the sentence is grammatically correct.

It seems when I read backward the sentences in paragraphs, I spot some mistakes more often. I tend to write fragments sometimes, and this makes me make sense of the sentence when isolated by itself. For someone with difficulty in expression, this is a great technique to revise a sentence. I read out loud backwards when I have no one to read my work. Writers use many revision strategies. Reading their work backward is a way to forget what you have written. It might be worth it for those who write stories or even essays. Thanks for reading this suggestion and it's something to consider and might help more people. I don't know if my suggested idea for a new feature is relatable but it could help users who already use the product. I am interested in this feature, and the software could benefit users and others to read backward for windows. I am not aware of all the revision strategies but this one is the most obvious one not used. Something fiction writers use for revising at the last stages.

Thank you,
Best regards, and I do hope this input is something the makers of the software would be willing to listen to or implement.
Have a nice day.
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

That is an interesting idea, I can see where this could be very useful for proofreading. We'll place it on the todo list and investigate for a future version.

Thanks for the feedback.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com