TA does not work with BlueTooh.

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

Janek

TA does not work with BlueTooh.

Post by Janek »

Hello Jim,
I can't get the TA to work with Bluetooth earphones. BT works well with YouTube and it would be nice if I could make TA work for reading text from browser or TA. Am I missing something?

Thank you.
Janek
Jim Bretti

Re: TA does not work with BlueTooh.

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Janek

Most likely the problem is that TextAloud is using the wrong audio device. Try this ... display TextAloud Settings, and in the left panel select "General Application Options". You can configure the audio device TextAloud is using by changing the dropdown at the bottom of the dialog.

Let me know if that doesn't help
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
Janek

Re: TA does not work with BlueTooh.

Post by Janek »

Hello Jim,

I disconnected all the BT devices, turned off and on and paired the BT earphones and when I opened in "General Application Options" I got the new option "Headphones (Mpow S6 Stereo)" and it started to play OK. I have to mention that all that was happening on my laptop with Intel i7-4720HQ CPU. I did not have those problems on the desktop with the Skylake CPU and TA. May be the problem is the older CPU on the laptop, but YouTube was playing on the laptop OK with no problems. It is not a very big problem with BT not playing the TA, but it would be nice if it could be fixed so you could listen to some texts when you don't have to sit in front of the laptop.
Thanks for the reply.
Janek