Keyboard shortcuts in MS Word

Forum for TextAloud version 4

Moderator: Jim Bretti

GRH

Keyboard shortcuts in MS Word

Post by GRH »

Hi.
I want to control TA4 by the keyboard and found, on the MS Word 'Textaloud' tab, in the 'Options Dialogues' drop-down menu an item to do this - apparently.

However, the dialogue box was malformed showing only the top half the two input boxes displayed, which were also too close together. I was able to make out some of the label text and I could input text into those fields - in this case 'alt-s' for speak all and and 'alt-c' (I presumed) for speak from from cursor. These worked but there was no way of stopping the speech from the keyboard once it was started. It may be there are other fields for that purpose that have been hidden by the glitch in the displaying of the controls.

Please will you advise.

Many thanks in advance.
Jim Bretti

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in MS Word

Post by Jim Bretti »

Thanks for reporting this problem. If possible, would you please mail me a screenshot of the keyboard shortcuts dialog? Also, it may help if you could send me a TextAloud problem report. From the TextAloud menu, just click Help -> Support -> Report A Problem, and mention this issue in the problem report text. The report includes information on your display which may help with solving this.

We don't have a Stop keyboard shortcut available in the shortcut dialog displayed in Word. The reason is that you can configure a system wide 'stop' hotkey in TextAloud, that will work with all applications, including Microsoft Word. So in TextAloud, display TextAloud Settings, and in the left panel, expand the entry "Shortcuts and Hotkeys", and select Hotkey Setup. You can configure your Stop hotkey on this dialog.

Let me know if you have questions
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com