Voice does not appear in Windows 10 "Text to speech" option

Forum for TextAloud version 3

Moderator: Jim Bretti

snoopy33

Voice does not appear in Windows 10 "Text to speech" option

Post by snoopy33 »

Hi there,
In March 2016, I ordered TextAloud togehther with "Nuance German voice Petra". Now I'm running Windows 10 and cannot bring the German voice Petra to work properly. In TextAloud 3.0.92, this voice is available and works perfectly but I cannot select it in Windows 10 (Control Panel => Speech recognition => Text to speech under `> "Voice selection". The voice is just not there. I downloaded a trial version "IVONA 2 Marlene" voice and after installation I could select this voice.

Can anybode help me, please?

Thanks a lot in advance
Michael
Jim Bretti

Re: Voice does not appear in Windows 10 "Text to speech" option

Post by Jim Bretti »

The problem is that the voices you purchased in 2016 were 32 bit voices, and the default Control Panel in Windows 10 displays only 64 bit voices. See the post at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6076 for instructions on displaying the 32 bit speech control panel, your Nuance voices should appear there.

Also, the most recent Nuance voices we're distributing include both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Just contact support@nextup.com if you would like to update.

Let me know if this doesn't help.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com
snoopy33

Post by snoopy33 »

Hello Jim,

Thank you so much. That worked :D :D :D :D

Best regards,
Michael
DjPoke

Post by DjPoke »

Hello Jim,

I have the same problem. I've sent you an email yesterday.

Best Regards
Bruno
Jim Bretti

Post by Jim Bretti »

Hi Bruno

There is a post in the TextAloud 4 FAQ that explains why voices do not appear in Windows 10 Settings. See the post at viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8498&p=20436#p20436

Let me know if that doesn't help. I searched my mail folder and can't find an email from you from yesterday, please resend the mail and I'll watch for it.
Jim Bretti
NextUp.com